Good news for new mums, tired teenagers, intrepid travellers, glass ceiling breakers and basically everyone with a lot on their minds, there are things that you can adopt to help you get a better night's sleep.
Prepare for a blissful night’s sleep with our top tips to help you relax and unwind.
- Turn off phones and tablets at least one hour before bed.
We'd also recommend putting your phone somewhere away from your bed, or even better, in another room. Having your phone disturbing you at night, is not going to help you have a peaceful night's sleep.
- Light a Scentered Sleep Well candle and breathe in the essential oils
Light your Scentered candle at least one hour before going to bed. Sit in a quiet spot and read a book, meditate, listen to some soothing music or practice some yoga.
- Relax and consciously let go of stress with an Epsom salt bath or a footbath, 30 minutes before bed
Create a mini spa in the comfort of your bath room, or even hotel room. De-stress with some warm water and bath salts, to really take the weight out of your feet after a long day.
- Apply the Sleep Well balm to your pulse points just before bed and breathe in deeply
No matter where you rest your head, whether it's a hotel room or in your own bed, always have your sleep well balm to hand. As New York Times recently described "The blend is now a crucial part of my nighttime routine. Every night I hit my pulse points and hold it under my nose while I read. I can’t believe I’m saying this but: It’s better than wine."
- Meditate for 10 minutes to still your mind and help you fall asleep.
Meditating just before bed can help to relax your mind, allowing you to dismiss any negative or unwanted thoughts. We'd recommend meditating with your Sleep Well candle in the same room, for a real zen experience.
- Do some gentle yoga or light stretches to ease tense muscles
After a long day at work, university or running around after the kids all day, you're body might feel tired, achy and in need of a good stretch. Spend some time before bed, doing some light yoga. Your body will feel relaxed and your breathing will regulate into a relaxed state, to help you fall into a deep sleep.
- Keep a journal next to your bed so you can capture waking thoughts and quiet the mind
Often we might wake in the night, with thoughts that we tell ourselves to remember in the morning. Yet often these thoughts are forgotten or become a worry as we try to sleep. Instead, keep a notebook or journal by your bed so that you can note anything down and it will be there in the morning.
View our sleep range here.
Back to Blog